Monday, July 06, 2009

Ridiculous Things Delight Me

It was one of those days. Long and chock full of "moles" needing to be whacked. Like the Rashomon interpretations of our new deadlines (it's kind of like a scavenger hunt for good information in the newsroom).

So I was all kinds of prickly when I reached the Walgreens by my house, where I was picking up some dog food. When I came across the most ridiculous dog bed -- on sale! -- that I just had to buy. I whisked it to the cashier and announced, "I'll take this ridiculous thing." I couldn't keep the smile from my face.

I have to admit: I am that consumer -- the definition of impulsive and impressionable.

So here it is, before and after Lucy found it. (1 1/2 cats included to show actual size.)


2 comments:

Jenny said...

It may be ridiculous, but it sure is cute!

Shaken Mama said...

That is AWESOME. Do they have a toddler bed size?