Wednesday, March 12, 2008

People Are Lovable Because of Their Frailties

That's what Shaken Mama's sister told me once, when I was newly post-divorce, and feeling imperfect and eminently unlovable. In his resignation speech today, Eliot Spitzer said something that reminded me of this, which was:

I go forward with the belief ... that as human beings, our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.


I still love you, Mr. Spitzer -- and I'm tired of people criticizing well educated women for standing by their men. Life is complicated. Human beings are even more so. We've all wanted to do things we shouldn't. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. But god, I sure would hate a world where everybody was perfect. How boring would that be? (Not to mention I'd be out of a job.)

1 comment:

Shaken Mama said...

Not to obsess too badly here, but I am fascinated with the $5500/hour fee they charge at the Emperor's Club? And how can I learn that trick?

Also I have some questions re the Fergie video... was the dude dealing drugs or something?