Saturday, October 14, 2006

In Which I Marry Off My College Roommate!

When I got married 10 years ago, my college roommate Vic wouldn't have missed it for the world (though she was caught on tape arriving late). Her words: "I wasn't gonna believe it til I saw it."

With similar sentiment in mind -- but much more confidence in the union -- I did my bit and married her off yesterday to a wonderful man named John.

We trundled off to City Hall, where I was the witness, and my ex-boyfriend the sheriff's deputy was overly gracious and served as ad-hoc cameraman, even getting us into the mayor's office for a photo op on his balcony.

Unfortunately for blog purposes, the only picture I have on my digital camera is the one I'm posting (the lovely bride is on the left. And notice my new Chanel sunglasses!)

Three cheers for Vic and John! Hip, hip hurrah! Hip, hip hurrah! Hip, hip hurrah!

(Now, we plan to send this pic back East and convince our friends we were lesbians the whole time and finally decided to tie the knot.)

Three cheers for me and Vic!

P.S. I might mention that her employer allowed her to change her status from single to married without so much as a sniff...

1 comment:

Naynayfazz said...

Congrats to Vic! Great picture. Love the sunglasses! :)