Thursday, September 07, 2006

Waiting for "Happy" Hour


It's 5:24, and I'm supposed to meet The Ex at 6:30, but everyone is telling me to be late, so that's what I'm going to do. We're meeting at Absinthe, if anyone out there is local and feels like lurking. I'll be the tall, blond, long-haired woman with a form-fitting black turtleneck through which you can see a hint of black bra, a long black skirt with a slit up the side, cowboy boots and pink purse.

He'll be the one with the lazy eye.

We will look like Eastern European brother and sister.

My lovely friends and sister are being so protective of me. If he's an ass tonight, I have people who can't wait to exact their revenge. With them waiting in the wings, I feel kind of like the woman in the Verizon commercial, with the "network" of people skulking behind pillars and following her around as she goes about her day.

Tonight, I've got The Network.

No comments: