Saturday, September 02, 2006

To Mom and Dad on their 56th Wedding Anniversary



Fifty-six years ago today, my mom and dad were married. Sadly, they did not survive to see this day. I am posting some images to commemorate that fateful union, without which, I would not have seen the world ...

An invitation to the ceremony, at 9 a.m. My parents received a beautiful ceramic clock as a wedding present, and after it stopped working, my father set the time for 9 o'clock and sat it on the dining room hutch to remind him whenever he saw it.

Mom and Dad's baby pictures ...





And a picture of how I like to remember them together, Mom sitting outside, looking graceful, and my dad showing off his physique in his swim trunks (notice the plastic pool ID tag).

I miss you!

2 comments:

DaisyJo said...

Nice looking parents! Happy Belated Birthday; sounds like it was a good day.

Beebers said...

those are fantastic pictures! i love old time pictures that remind you of the people you love.

and setting the clock at 9:00 is the sweetest thing i've ever heard! i'm sure they celebrated their 56th together.