Thursday, September 28, 2006

Postcard from Atlanta: Ted and Jane Send Their Best

A couple of editors treated me to lunch today at Ted Turner's Montana Grill (where I had my first bison burger!), and who should be on their way out? TT himself, with ex Jane Fonda. I love Jane Fonda. And her little dog, too.

As she started to walk out the door of the restaurant, she turned to Ted behind her and said, "Ooh, they were seen together!" As the joint was half-filled with journalists, I'm sure this tidbit will be making the rounds.

In other news, I lost my rental car. Last night when I got here, I was exhausted. And as you know, I have been going through rental cars like bad dates recently, so I didn't really notice what I was driving or where I had parked it in the labyrinthine garage by the Hilton.

When I went to find it this a.m., I couldn't. So I took a cab to the AJC, which turned out to be within walking distance anyway.

When I returned this evening, I decided I was going to scour that garage until I found the damn thing -- turns out it is a Chevrolet HHR.

Just as I was about to give up hope, I began retracing my steps from last night back through an elevator that isn't even used by the hotel; it's in the adjacent Sun Trust building. And voila! A woman in the elevator told me I wasn't crazy; that in fact, where I parked my car isn't findable from the hotel side. Whew.

Oh, and one more thing. The 25th Annual South East Clown Convention is in town. Somehow, I imagine them all arriving in the same VW. How terrifying do you think it is for me to walk around this city, knowing that at any moment I might be accosted in a dark alley by a balloon animal?

2 comments:

edee said...

Cool about seeing TT! How was the bison burger? does it taste much different from a regular burger?

Naynayfazz said...

Wow, you saw Jane Fonda huh? That is really cool. I used to do her exercise videos in gym class. haha

It sounds like you are having fun there even if it is a business trip. Except for that clown convention. That sounds a little scary. I am not scared of clowns, but I can imagine it being very horrible for someone who is scared of them. I bet you if they made balloon animals, you would go right? he he :)